My top 3 lazy dinners
We all have those nights where we get home from a big day of work or running after the kids & you just can't be bothered making a healthy meal for yourself or your family.
Here are my top 3 dishes for when I need something quick & easy, but still healthy.
1. VEGE OMELETTE.
This one is super quick & my favorite 'lazy' meal to make. It's full of protein & you can use any left over vegetables you have in the fridge.
-1/4 of a cup of milk of choice ( I use coconut milk)
-2 tsps coconut oil
-Any vegetables/toppings left in the fridge, chopped into bite sides pieces...I usually have smoked salmon, cherry tomatoes, button mushrooms, baby spinach, shallots & asparagus
-Salt & pepper
1. Heat a pan to medium-high heat and add 1 tbs of coconut oil.
2. Add vegetables/toppings that need a little more cooking time. In this case mushrooms & asparagus.
3. While these vegetables are cooking lightly beat the eggs & milk in a bowl until well combined.
4. Remove vegetables from pan once cooked to liking & add remaining coconut oil. Once this has melted, pour eggs into pan.
5. Start placing all vegetables/toppings on top of the eggs & flip after a few minutes. Cook until egg mixture is no longer runny. Enjoy!
2. QUINOA RICE CAKES
This one is super easy & another recipe that you can use most left over salad ingredients for.
-2-3 quinoa rice cakes (just like rice cakes but made from quinoa)
-Any left over toppings in your fridge...in this case I used avocado, cucumber & smoked salmon. To be honest I often buy some smoked salmon to have in the fridge for times like these when I finish work late & need something quick & easy. You could also use cottage cheese, tomato, shredded chicken, alfalfa, sauerkraut (fermented cabbage) or anything you like, really.
-Salt & pepper.
1. Place all the ingredients on the quinoa rice cakes & top with salt & pepper. It's as simple & delicious at that!
3. THE SIMPLE SALAD
This one is probably the easiest of all. It will take you less than 10 minutes to make.
-Any vegetables you have left in the fridge. In this case I had mixed lettuce, cherry tomatoes, broccoli & red onion.
-4 beans in a can.
-1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
-1 tsp honey
-1 tbs lemon juice
-Salt & pepper
1. Chop vegetables to bite sized pieces.
2. Rinse beans with cold water until water runs clear.
3. Mix all ingredients into serving bowl. And that's it!
It really is that simple & easy to be healthy, even when we are feeling lazy. The best thing to do is to be prepared. Have some ingredients in your fridge that you can reach for when you need something quick & easy like smoked salmon, four beans & left over vegetables. That way you won't be so tempted to reach for a piece of toast or skip dinner all together.
Do you have some more quick & easy meals you would like to share? Post them below!
Have a great day Goddess! xx